A Millie Favorite

A Millie Favorite

Monday, June 27, 2011

Snack Mama-2

When I arrived at Millie's school to pick her up today, one of the amazing teachers there told me that the trail mix I made was a big hit. I have decided to name yesterday's snack "Millie Mix" from here on out.

For tomorrow, I decided to keep it simple. Standing at my kitchen island tonight, I started a little assembly line. Whole wheat crackers, peanut butter and delicious strawberry jam which was about to be made into tiny sandwich crackers.

 I see a lot of people packing sandwich crackers with their kids lunches and snack packs, because they are simple, delicious and no fuss. However, there is a lot of processing to these little sandwich crackers and I thought that making them myself would cut down the icky sugars and unnecessary preservatives.

Even though it is a simple snack, there is a little time and love that goes into the assembly process. You do have to make sure, that the simple sandwich cracker adheres to itself and does not fall apart. Yet, when you are finished, the final product is salty, sweet and crunchy. This is a combination that children just love. Tomorrow, it will be served with a side of local blueberries. Hope the kids enjoy!

Handmade sandwich crackers and fresh local blueberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment