A Millie Favorite

A Millie Favorite

Friday, July 1, 2011

Snack Mama-3

This is the third installment of "snack mama" and I am happy to say that these are a couple of my favorite snack ideas. I enjoy making them and I truly hope the little ones enjoy eating them.

In America, the word snack conjures up ideas of potato chips, pop corn, french fries and all sorts of horrible toxic waste we put into our bodies. In other countries, like Italy and Spain, snacks are fruit, cheese and little "bites" of what would normally be considered a mealtime dish in America.

I was inspired by authentic tapas from Spain for the last few snacks I made. These recipes are more nutritionally sustainable and will be a nice break from orange slices and crackers. 

Tandori Tuna Pasta Salad: 
  • One can of tuna in water
  • One bag of vegetable tri-colored pasta
  • One tbsp of tandori rub (you can use curry powder as well)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
After you have cooked the pasta, add tandori spice to your drained tuna fish. In a large bowl combine the ingredients with a touch of olive oil to blend into a perfect pasta salad. 

Pasta Salad 
T
Add caption



Farmer's market cherry tomatoes, Vermont white cheddar, deli pretzel chips. Served with my homemade plum compote.


No comments:

Post a Comment