A Millie Favorite

A Millie Favorite

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Love of a Mother

Motherhood has been the most life-changing experience for me. I know a lot of people say things like that, but for me it is most certainly true. I was living my life out of a suitcase, campaign to campaign, state to state and candidate to candidate. My life revolved around winning! Must win! I hated loosing and it very very very rarely happened to me. I even started to look at Election Day as a time to party, because I just knew I would win. I was obsessed with my self-image and did not care who I ignored and let go in my life. 

Hard things to admit out loud for sure. 

What I mean that motherhood has changed my life, is that no longer can I do for myself only. Gone are the days of being selfish and self-centered. I even tried last year to work for two different campaigns and found myself hating every single minute of it. Partly because the egotistical men that were running, did not give a flip that I had family obligations. I found myself so stressed in those days that I wound up in the hospital ER for exhaustion and stress. This is no way to live by example for my daughter. 

On November 2, 2010 I decided that would be my last Election Day for a while. Shortly after I started writing this little blog. The idea of making a career out of food education, writing and living was to me a foreign concept. However through this blog, I found myself doing just that. A change of lifestyle so my daughter would have a happy mommy, thus having a happy life. 

I write all this on Mother's Day because I think we take for granted all the mothers out there that have given up a life in order to have and take care of their children. To live more lovingly and full of joy. To me that is the life change of well... a lifetime! 

Amelia Nancy my beautiful daughter has blessed me with so many wonderful things and for that I am most grateful. I salute all the mothers out there who love, care and treasure their children. Giving the world, a happy, healthy and productive member of society makes the world a better place and I salute all those who put the work in to make this happen. 

Cheers and Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment