A Millie Favorite

A Millie Favorite

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Quick Lunch for Parents

I first have to state that I have struggled tonight to write this blog entry. I have a bunch of ideas that stem from my life and family, but for some reason they all got jumbled up. I guess this can happen from time-to-time. I was talking to my friend Kirk on Facebook chat about how I could not write or get my thoughts together and he suggested that I write about what I make for lunch every day. Which actually was a pretty good idea, so here it goes. 

I think breakfast and dinner can be a time for creativity and imagination for adults. Lunch boxes for kids hold the same sensibility. However, a meal for a busy parent in the middle of the day can sometimes be difficult to make pretty and interesting. We resort to fast food, sandwich boards or even just a granola bar. For me I discovered an extremely quick, healthy and beautiful lunch that will satisfy your belly, while keeping you trim in the waist but not in the wallet. 

Veggie burger wraps

  • Veggie burger patty (any brand OR homemade)
  • Whole wheat tortilla 
  • Cucumber sliced thinly for crunch
  • Sliced red bell pepper
  • Spinach
  • Homemade dill sauce (Sour cream, lemon juice, dill weed)
I keep a tone of veggies in the fridge that I slice up and put in baggies. I take them out when I want a quick snack or for my veggie burger wraps. It usually takes me about five minutes to prepare and serve. The trick here is having your veggies already cut up for the week. But even if you don't do that, it is still super fast and easy. Not to mention super healthy !

Cheers! 

1 comment: