A Millie Favorite

A Millie Favorite

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm back!

I have not posted in a couple of weeks. Not necessarily due to lack of interest, after all this is a true passion of mine. No, the reason for my absence is that I have been preparing for and now attending culinary school. Yes, I am here as a scrubby freshman trying to refine my skills.

My experience here has lead me to think about how I could incorporate it into my own child's life. Well, the truth is, this is NOT a place for a toddler or small child. There are sharp knifes, hot ovens and well a lot of frustrated people. This definitely presents a challenge.

Then I discovered that a lot of culinary institutions do have programs for children, on week nights and Saturdays. Just like I do a small cooking class for toddlers and kids, these professional and amazing chef's will spend a couple of hours with your children in a very safe and controlled environment. What a great way to have your children exposed to the classic training of a culinary institution without the worry of a dangerous kitchen.

I hope that my time here will enable me to become a true culinarian and pursue my goals to teach children the amazing world of food.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment